Thursday, May 11, 2006

Boys will be boys....

Although there's always the potential for 'Daddy's girl' style affection, I guess if you ask most men whether deep down they'd prefer a boy or a girl you'll get the answer "a boy".

And while the nipper's health is my main concern I fit into this group as well, if I'm being honest with myself. It's probably becuase I'm a fairly unreconstructed male (interests: beer, music and sport) as well as a big kid (I own both a Scalextric and a Stiga table ice hockey game) at heart.

I like the idea of a bit of rough and tumble and making a mess around the place. Take this comment from an email a mate sent to me the other day:

"Another thing about boys... is that they can be disgusting. At the moment Daniel is doing an experement, to find out the best thing for mould to grow on. We have got seven plastic bags on the kitchen window sill (nice and hot, plenty of sun!!), all containing different things like soggy bread, cheese, cake, tomato etc. In five days' time (according to his book), we will have to compare all the different types of mould etc, and see which one has flourished the best!!"

Bring it on I say!

No comments: