Thursday, August 10, 2006

Clanking to the top of the coaster....

We're a bit closer to the point of no return now; the rollercoaster will soon be tipping over the edge into oblivion...

Well, of course if you're being pedantic, the point of no return was in fact when we found out about junior last January. But my analogy wouldn't work then, since a rollercoaster that took eight months to get to the top would be a bit dull....

Anyway, nothing dull in our home right now, thanks to the almost daily deliveries of flat-pack baby furniture, prams, car seats and miscellaneous peripherals. At this rate we'll have to move house just to fit it all in, and this is before we've bought any brightly coloured bloody toys!

I see what they mean about the cost of child-rearing.

I still can't make it all real in my mind. I get occasional flashes, a bit like an acid flashback (not that I'd know about that of course), of life after he arrives, but my consciousness soon returns to child-free. It's weird.

Given that the missus is approaching the 'could drop at any time' window, this won't last for long, however...

No comments: