Monday, January 23, 2006

FOREVERFOREVERFOREVERFOREVER...

Just had the first sleepless "Oh My God" night.

Sudden realisation that this really is forever, better or worse. We visit our friends and relatives and briefly touch their children's lives, noting how they've grown, etc. But in a few months' time we're going to have another human being dropped slap bang into our lives. Like every hour, every day. For whom we're 100% responsible.... most likely until the day we die.

Bloody hell.

Can I go back to being worried about whether someone is going to bash into/steal my car, or whether my football team are going to go up this year, instead please?

P.S.

By the way, I should point out that this blog is in no way connected to the mayfly-brief, two-post effort "Reluctant Dad" which also appears on this site. He didn't sound a happy chappy - maybe he drowned in his own bile before being able to post further....

Always make sure you put a "the" in the title to get my nonsense.

No comments: